Venous Thromboembolism: A Review of Prevention and Treatment Options
This program is accredited for pharmacists only.
Upon completion of this knowledge-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for prophylactic anticoagulation in hospitalized patients with restricted mobility.
- Formulate a medication regimen for a patient in need of anticoagulation therapy.
- Identify the drug of choice for cancer patients, pregnant patients, and children.
- Identify the target INR for warfarin therapy.
- Summarize the oral medications that require a parenteral agent during initiation and list the plan.
- Discuss the use of non-pharmacologic therapy in VTE prophylaxis and treatment.
- Recognize important drug interactions of warfarin.?
- This webinar is FREE for AzPA Members. Non-members pay $20.
Continuing Education Information:
- This knowledge-based activity has been approved for 2.0 contact hour (0.2 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit by the Accreditation Council Pharmacy Education.
- ACPE UAN: 0100-0000-16-004-H04-P
- Initial Release Date: 03/01/2016
- Planned Expiration Date: 03/01/2019
No refunds will be issued once the program has been signed up for due to the nature of the program. AzPA reserves the right to cancel any activity due to insufficient pre-registration or as determined by the Executive Director or Operations Director. In this case, all individuals pre-registered are notified and issued a full refund. Registration fees cannot be re-allocated due to the multiple steps involved with processing CE Credits.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure compatible technology is used. Please Click Here to review technical system requirements needed.
The Arizona Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as providers of continuing education.
Requirements for CE Credit
Christie H. Kim, Pharm.D
Jaime Bailey BSPharm
Jane Lee, Pharm.D.
Kristine Carrasco, Pharm.D