A Pharmacist's Role in the Prevention and Management of Perioperative Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter
Upon completion of this knowledge-based activity, Pharmacists will be able to:
- Summarize the complications of post-operative atrial fibrillation (POAF)
- Define POAF in terms of electrocardiogram (EKG) findings and clinical signs and symptoms
- List rate control agents and their mechanism of action and monitoring parameters
- List rhythm control agents and their limitations
- Identify potential candidates for rhythm control of POAF
- Justify the preventative strategies recommended by the POAF guidelines
- Formulate an appropriate treatment plan for new-onset POAF
- Discuss management of anticoagulation for patients with preexisting atrial fibrillation
- Understand some of the complications of post-operative atrial fibrillation.
- List rate control agents and what they are used for.
- List the rhythm control agents and what they are used for.
- Learn about preventative strategies recommended by POAF guidelines.
- This webinar is FREE for AzPA Members. Non-members pay $10.
Continuing Education Information:
- This knowledge-based activity has been approved for 0.75 contact hour (0.075 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit by the Accreditation Council Pharmacy Education.
- ACPE UAN: 0100-0000-15-044-H04-P/T
- Initial Release Date: 03/01/2015
- Planned Expiration Date: 03/01/2018
- No refunds will be issued once the program has been signed up for due to the nature of the program. AzPA reserves the right to cancel any activity due to insufficient pre-registration or as determined by the Executive Director or Operations Director. In this case, all individuals pre-registered are notified and issued a full refund. Registration fees cannot be re-allocated due to the multiple steps involved with processing CE Credits.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure compatible technology is used. Please Click Here to review technical system requirements needed.
- Pharmacy Technicians
The Arizona Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as providers of continuing education.