- This accredited program is targeted to pharmacy technicians.
This CE activity was developed by The Rx Consultant, a publication of Continuing Education Network, Inc.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
CE activities for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists:
This continuing education activity meets the requirements of:
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
This is a pharmacotherapeutics/pharmacology CE activity.
Continuing Education Network, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Describe an outsourcing facility. List 4 regulations for traditional compounding pharmacies that are different for outsourcing facilities.
- Describe the main goals of the Drug Supply Chain Security Act.
- Understand the contents of the "Purple Book". Define the terms "biosimilar product" and "interchangeable biologic product."
- Identify the allowed methods of controlled substance disposal. List 2 recent DEA regulations that address the prescription drug abuse and diversion epidemic.
Kimberly Burns , RPh, JD
Brief Bio : Kimberly Burns RPh, JD is a Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) School of Pharmacy in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Disclosure : Kimberly Burns RPh, JD reports no financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) that appear in this issue.
The CE Activity developed by The Rx Consultant