Southwestern States Residency Conference planning committee created this portion of the site to assist you in successfully preparing your abstract submission as well as platform and poster presentations. Abstracts are required for all platform presentations and will be used accordingly if residents decided to participate in the optional poster presentation portion. To ensure proper formatting of your documents, please read all the instructions carefully as instructions have changed for this year.
- AzPA is offering a significant discount on the AzPA Annual Convention registration for all SSRC attendees. This registration fee will include 2 meals per day.
|Residency Conference Only||
Residents | Preceptors
Optional Add on:
Preceptor Track plus Annual Convention
Includes all programming on Saturday & Sunday
- Please review our Abstract Submission Guidelines, Abstract Submission Worksheet and Sample Abstract to guide development of your abstract. It is important that the author carefully review and follow all formatting guidelines to ensure approval of submissions. Residents who are interested may present both a platform and poster presentation at the conference. For poster presentations, Residents are allowed AND encouraged to present another research project they have completed during their residency year (e.g. MUE). When submitting the abstract worksheet, please be sure to identify what type of project is being presented. For this reason, Residents may be submitting more than one abstract, if applicable.
- Please use the Abstract Submission Worksheet for abstract submission. Finalized abstracts should be sent to SSRC@azpharmacy.org. Residents will receive an email within two (2) business days indicating their abstracts have been received.
- Abstract can be created in a word processing program and then copied and pasted into the abstract worksheet.
- Remember to thoroughly proofread your work before submitting. (Having a co-resident or preceptor review your work is always recommended).
- Please be sure to double check the formatting and content of your abstract once it has been transferred into the worksheet and prior to submitting.
- April 1st, 2018 11:59 p.m. (Pacific) - Deadline for registration and abstract submissions. No exceptions
- June 1st, 2018 11:59 p.m. (Pacific) - Deadline for presentation and poster (posters are optional submissions).
- Please review the Presentation Guidelines for detailed information and a list of mandatory slides. There is no limit to the number of slides but strict cut-off times will be enforced (15-minute oral presentation then 5-minute Q&A session).
- Review the Poster Session Tip Sheet for detailed information. The poster presentation should include the following content:
- Title, authors and institution affiliations are listed
- Information is presented with a logical flow (left to right; top to bottom)
- Graphs, tables, or charts are used to display or convey important information, whenever possible; graphics are not stretched/distorted, avoid low-quality images
- Sections are clear and concise, easily distinguishable from each other
- Overall content can be absorbed in 10 minutes or less
|TIME||FRIDAY, JUNE 15TH|
|7:00 AM - 8:00 AM||Registration|
|7:30 AM - 8:00 AM||Moderator Briefing|
|8:00 AM - 8:30 AM||Resident Welcome, Conference Introduction|
|8:30 AM - 11:50 AM||Resident Presentations|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch|
|1:15 PM - 4:30 PM||Resident Presentations|
|5:00 PM - 5:30 PM||Resident/Program Packet Pick-up|
|5:30 PM - 7:00 PM||Exhibit Hall Dinner (Optional)|
|TIME||SATURDAY, JUNE 16TH|
|8:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Preceptor Development Track featuring ASHP speakers|
|11:00 AM - 1:00 PM||Resident Poster Presentations|
- Please direct all questions to SSRC@azpharmacy.org.
Date: Jun 15, 2018 07:00 AM - 05:30 PM
Location: Sheraton WIld Horse Pass Resort & Spa, 5594 W Wild Horse Pass Blvd, Chandler, Az, 85226
The Arizona Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as providers of continuing education.
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a