The Role of Biosimilars in Clinical Practice: Evaluating Biosimilars for Clinical Practice
This program was developed to educate healthcare professionals, including pharmacists in managed care, clinical pharmacists and pharmacists/pharmacy technicians on current guidelines and clinical data used to evaluate biosimilars integration into practice.
Upon completion of this application-based activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current biotherapeutics landscape, including the off-patent status of many biologics and the emergence of biosimilars in the U.S.
- Summarize how health-system pharmacists can look to FDA guidance documents now
- Describe the implications of timely formulary decision-making once biosimilars become available, and the potential impact on patient access to treatment and on cost savings
- This webinar is FREE for AzPA Members. Non-members pay $10.
Continuing Education Information:
- This knowledge-based activity has been approved for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit by the Accreditation Council Pharmacy Education.
- ACPE UAN: 0100-0000-16-023-H04-P/T
- Initial Release Date: 03/23/2016
- Planned Expiration Date: 03/23/2019
- No refunds will be issued once the program has been signed up for due to the nature of the program. AzPA reserves the right to cancel any activity due to insufficient pre-registration or as determined by the Executive Director or Operations Director. In this case, all individuals pre-registered are notified and issued a full refund. Registration fees cannot be re-allocated due to the multiple steps involved with processing CE Credits.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure compatible technology is used. Please Click Here to review technical system requirements needed to access this webinar.
- Pharmacy Technicians
The Arizona Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as providers of continuing education.
Requirements for CE Credit
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a