Pre-exposure Prophylaxis of HIV Infection (PrEP)
This program has been developed to educate pharmacists and pharmacy technicians about electronic cigarettes, including use for smoking cessation, safety, and impact on the public.
Upon completion of this knowledge-based activity, the pharmacist will be able to to:
- Screen patients for HIV/AIDS using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations
- Counsel HIV-infected patients on behavioral and biomedical interventions for the prevention of HIV transmission
- Counsel patients at high-risk for HIV/AIDS on the use of antiretroviral agents for pre-exposure prophylaxis of HIV infection (PrEP)
- Incorporate new clinical management approaches, such as PrEP, to lower community rates of HIV transmission
- Identify HIV-infected patients on behavioral and biomedical interventions for the prevention of HIV transmission
- Identify patients at high-risk for HIV/AIDS on the use of antiretroviral agents for pre-exposure prophylaxis of HIV infection (PrEP)
- List new clinical management approaches, such as PrEP, to lower community rates of HIV transmission
- This webinar is $5 for AzPA Members. Non-members pay $10.
Continuing Education Information:
- This knowledge-based activity has been approved for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit by the Accreditation Council Pharmacy Education.
- ACPE UAN: 0100-0000-15-080-H02-P/T
- Initial Release Date: 9/26/2015
- Planned Expiration Date: 9/26/2018
No refunds will be issued once the program has been signed up for due to the nature of the program. AzPA reserves the right to cancel any activity due to insufficient pre-registration or as determined by the Executive Director or Operations Director. In this case, all individuals pre-registered are notified and issued a full refund. Registration fees cannot be re-allocated due to the multiple steps involved with processing CE Credits.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure compatible technology is used. Please Click Here to review technical system requirements needed to access this webinar.
- Pharmacy Technicians
The Arizona Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as providers of continuing education.
Requirements for CE Credit
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
Thanes J. Vanig, MD, AAHIVS
Brief Bio : Dr. Vanig is board certified in Internal Medicine and is also certified by the American Academy of HIV Medicine. He is the medical director of Spectrum Medical Group, a private practice that cares for over 1300 people living with HIV. He also provides primary care for many people at risk of HIV infection. He has been a principal investigator for over 60 HIV clinical trials.